Katsina Gov’t to streamline local government staff structure, reduce number of workers
The committee chairman for the deployment of local government staff with teaching qualification while submitting the committee’s report and briefing the state governor stated that they recommended the streamlining of the local government staff structure to have the maximum number of staff required to run the affairs of each of the local government departments.
In his words, the committee chairman Alhaji Maigari Salihu stated that:
(1) Personnel department should not have morethan 128 people,
(2) E S Department should not have more than 64 people,
(3) Treasury should have 37 people
(4) Agricultural Department should have 56 staff,
(5) Works Department should not have more than 53 staff,
(6) While PHC department Headquarters should not have more than 50 among others.
(7) WATSAN not more than 34 staff
On his part, the governor thanked the committee members for a job well done while stating that they have indeed chat a way for the government to follow.
The governor also stated that after the implementation of the above recommendations, in 2 to 3 years Katsina State will be a model for local governments administration in the country.